Accelerate the progress of your
Find out how Imagine Learning is giving English learners a chance at a better future.
Watch our case study videos by clicking here or here.
Do you struggle to give your English learners
- first-language support,
- academic vocabulary instruction, and
- comprehensive data on their progress–all at a price that fits your district's budget?
English learners need high-quality, individualized instruction based on sound EL pedagogy in order to succeed.
That's a pretty tall order for a group of students that can make up anywhere from 5 to 75 percent of your total student population.
No matter your school or district's situation, Imagine Learning offers the resources you need to help your English learners make measurable gains.
Here's just a small sampling of the unique instructional practices we use to help ELs make serious progress:
We offer first-language support for speakers of the following 14 languages, with more languages added regularly:
- Haitian Creole
First-language support is strategically withdrawn as a student's ability to understand English increases, so instruction is challenging but not overwhelming.
Introduction to Academic Vocabulary
Research tells us that English learners must master academic vocabulary, not just basic interpersonal communication skills.
With Imagine Learning, students learn both basic and academic vocabulary, including valuable cross-curricular words common to social studies, science, and math.
Useful Data for Teachers and Parents
We know that individual attention from teachers and parents solidifies student success.
That's why we designed both comprehensive and parent-specific reports that show teachers where to focus additional instruction, parents how to support their child's learning at home, and students where they've made improvements.
Printouts even include an easy-to-read list of unmastered concepts and vocabulary.
Check out this interactive video or contact us today to learn more about how Imagine Learning can help your English learners succeed.
Or, click on one of our free resources below.
Ten Resources for English Learners
- White Paper: How Imagine Learning English Complements Dual Language Education
- Writing with English learners
- Helping English learners overcome test anxiety
- Vocabulary-building with young English learners
- Helping English learners master idiomatic phrases
- English learners after hurricane Katrina
- Balancing first-language and English instruction
- Imagine Learning translator tool
- Research on English learner progress
- Making informational texts interesting for English learners
English Learners: A Case Study
Students in Chula Vista, California, are making impressive gains with help from Imagine Learning.
Progress Report: English Learners
See how Imagine Learning helped English learners achieve some of the highest scores in their county.