To make your MLK Day activities truly engaging and memorable, consider implementing one or more of these teaching ideas into your lesson plans: Read more »
Well, there’s no time like the present—at least here in the Rockies, where it’s slated to snow all Christmas week.
Those dealing with more moderate weather can stop reading now and grab a bowl of ‘ordinary’ vanilla ice cream.
But if you want an extraordinary frozen treat, grab a bowl and get your coat. One serving of magical vanilla snow ice cream is coming right up! Read more »
As Halloween approaches, you probably ask a familiar question: What should my costume be this year?
For inspiration, try Booster’s Costume Creator, back by popular demand for Halloween 2015. Go back in time as William Shakespeare, Amelia Earhart, or Albert Einstein. While you’re at it, why not teach a quick history lesson in a memorable way?
It’s easy–just click the creator to view all your options, and then have fun learning about an important historical figure as you dress your avatar.
When you settle on a combination that looks just right, pick a message and send your bewitching or dashing e-card to all your friends.
Get Started Here:
- Choose an avatar. Will it be Lily or Mel? You decide. Your chosen avatar will appear on the right side.
- Pick a background. Our background gallery lets you set the scene in a ghostly castle’s hall, in an Egyptian tomb, or even in outer space. Scroll through your options to pick a perfect background.
- Craft your costume. Whether you dress your character as a sinister vampire or as Cleopatra, you’ll find costume pieces to match. If you like, mix things up and pair Booster’s head with Count Dracula’s cape or a pirate’s legs. You can make your costume as tame or as wild as you like!
- Send to friends. Make someone’s day with a little spooky fun. Print and deliver your Halloween greeting in person, or simply send an e-card version to anyone you choose.
This year for Veteran’s Day, Imagine Learning employees honored veterans by participating in Operation Gratitude. During our weekly company-wide meeting, we celebrated a few employee veterans—Todd, Kelly, and Eric—and learned about the mission of Operation Gratitude. Afterwards, we gathered to write letters of gratitude and appreciation for Operation Gratitude. We also donated toys and other items for care packages.
It’s officially October, and that means it’s time for putting up spooky decorations, carving pumpkins, and best of all—dressing up in costumes. Deciding on a costume can be downright scary when there are so many options to choose from, so we invite you to try Booster’s Costume Creator.
This interactive site will allow you to try several costumes and see which one works best for you. And because it’s both fun and educational, you can dress up Imagine Learning characters in fun costumes, both hysterical and historical. Learn about Cleopatra, Blackbeard, or Einstein as you craft your creepy creation. Choose a background, pick a message, and then witch your friends a happy Halloween by sending your masterpiece to them as an e-card.
Here’s how Booster’s Costume Creator works:
1. Pick a Person. Always wanted to be a brilliant scientist? Fond of famous pilots? With Booster’s Costume Creator, you have your choice of dressing up as a pirate, a vampire, an emperor, or several other options.
2. Choose a Costume. Want to add Shakespeare’s puffy shirt with Blackbeard’s silly pantaloons? No problem. Using three interchangeable panels, you can easily mix and match your favorite items from each character’s outfit plus a unique background to create a truly spook-tacular costume! You can even click the info buttons to learn about each character—from fearsome Blackbeard the pirate to disappearing pilot Amelia Earhart.
3. Share … and Scare! Now that you’ve picked the perfect costume, it’s time to scare somebody with it. Email an e-card of your boo-tiful character to friends and family, or simply print it off and hang it up somewhere. It’s a scream come true!