The Curriculum Specialist provides sales-related assistance for our sales team, customers, and prospects. This position will reduce the need to have senior curriculum developers and sales and product managers answer questions from the field. Extensive travel required (50-80 percent anticipated). Travel will primarily be focused throughout California, although occasional travel to other states may be required.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Curriculum Specialists will address routine curriculum questions, product capabilities, correlation to standards and other programs, methods of best practice, and other curriculum-related inquiries for prospects and customers. This involves the following:
- Works with prospects and customers via phone, email, webinar, and in-person meetings to assist with understanding the program offerings of Imagine Learning.
- Identifies and documents the needs of districts—specifically, curriculum needs related to Imagine Learning—and provides any support necessary to ensure Imagine Learning can be implemented and used effectively in the district.
- Assists field sales people with presentations, sales calls, and customer specific documentation and collateral.
- Works on a variety of projects and deliverables including correlations, RFP’s, RFI’s, product comparisons, webinars, guides, reports, etc.
- Presents at conferences and assists in preparing customers to present at conferences on behalf of Imagine Learning.
- Enters required data on activities, results, and other information into corporate CRM on a daily basis.
- Coordinates with the Sales, Production, Fulfillment, and Support teams to ensure a great customer experience before, during and after the implementation process.
- Provides internal training as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Coursework and expertise in one or more areas of ESL, Bilingual education, reading, early childhood education, special education, curriculum design; certification preferred
- Project management
- MS Office Suite
- Average 5 years’ prior experience in education
- At least three years' elementary classroom experience preferred
- Previous state or large district administrative experience required
- Conference presentation experience required
- Must be proficient acting in and leading teams, as well as coordinating and communicating customer requirements
- Excellent communication skills and able to clearly explain the benefits of our curriculum to customers
- Ability to build relationships and manage accounts
- Results oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Passionate work ethic
- Prior experience using Imagine Learning English preferred
- Fluency in Spanish language preferred