Imagine Learning is looking for a savvy Senior Web Developer to develop our customer-facing UIs, as well as some of our internal development tools. The ideal Web Developer has a passion for creating clean, compelling user interfaces, feels right at home in the communication layer, and can tinker with the business layer and find their way around the back-end.
As the Web Developer, you’ll take assets and workflow from the User Experience Designer, and turn them into a functioning product. You’ll get your hands dirty in the business logic, and ride the UI all the way to the database. You’ll help the design evolve by talking to product owners and users, iterating like crazy, and banging on your code.
As a member of a dynamic, cross-functional team working in an agile environment, you’ll:
- Work hand-in-hand with product managers, UX designers, and back-end engineers to implement elegant front-end solutions.
- Use your innate sense of streamlined workflow to code a clean, effective user experience including navigation, controls, and content.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to gauge user satisfaction.
- Participate in code reviews and test your apps across multiple platforms for performance and usability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Media, Human-Computer Interaction, or related work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails, or other web development framework.
- Familiarity with automated testing concepts.
- Proven experience building clean, robust, and maintainable web interfaces.
- Ability to understand different users and provide insight into their software needs.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, handling priorities and tasks like a boss.
- Experience solving web-specific problems in a cloud or SaaS environment.
- Familiarity with mainstream web deployment techniques.
- Familiarity with Agile development principles, specifically Scrum.
- User experience or graphic design expertise.
We’re in the digital educational space, so if you have experience coding for dashboards, web portals, or online tools, then you’ll probably be our new best friend very soon.Send us your resume and prepare to show off your skills during a pair programming interview. Dazzle us.
Imagine Learning is an educational software company that uses the power of imagination and technology to empower children all over the world. Ranked the 86th fastest-growing software company on the prestigious Inc. 5000 list in 2011, we’ve enjoyed year-over-year sustained revenue growth since our beginning in 2004. We work and play together—making videos, riding go-carts, playing foosball, and snacking. Our ping-pong tournaments are historic. For more information (and cool videos) about our culture and mission, check out http://www.refactortheworld.com.