- Participates as a member of a cross-functional software team that produces new curriculum products; collaborates with curriculum designers, software developers, artists, audio and video engineers, quality assurance engineers, and product managers. Attends and reports at regular meetings.
- Leads documentation projects; develops, writes, and maintains documentation for new curriculum products. Adheres to department standards, including templates and style guides.
- Creates and maintains manuals for company products; researches, understands, and writes to the appropriate audience.
- Performs and receives regular peer reviews of product documentation.
- Researches available product information, such as design specs and prototypes; interviews technical experts. Coordinates own documentation projects.
- Develops and demonstrates expert knowledge of assigned projects and product areas
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Linguistics, or related field with equivalent experience
- Experience: 3–5 years software documentation experience
- Strong planning, research, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills, with an understanding of technical concepts
- Ability to quickly produce publication-quality written material that conforms to company’s writing style guidelines
- Ability to write for different audiences
- Comfortable collaborating with a team and working independently
- Self-motivated in managing priorities and tasks; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with page layout software such as InDesign or FrameMaker
- Experience using online help authoring tools or web design tools such as MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, etc.
- Knowledge of basic HTML, XML, or wiki markup
- Ability to research and understand new technologies
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience creating highly technical documentation
- Proficiency with page layout software such as InDesign or FrameMaker
- Proficiency using online help authoring tools or web design tools such as MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, etc.
To perform well in this position, you must be organized and detail oriented. You must also be proactive in your approach to work. You must be a fast, independent worker who can produce quality publications in a short amount of time and can effectively manage the workload with minimal supervision.
Please send three writing samples with your cover letter and resume.