Imagine Learning is looking for a sharp User Experience Designer to design our customer-facing UIs, as well as some of our internal management tools. The ideal UX Designer is half Designer, half Code Monkey with clean UI and graphic design sensibilities, strong web development skills, and a passion for making smart educational software.
As the UX Designer, you’ll be the voice of the user. We need you to get into users’ heads to create a software experience that delights. You’ll talk with users and stakeholders and dream up the UI. You’ll use your highly-developed design sense to sift through the noise and visualize what users are asking for in between the lines of what they’re saying. Then you’ll collaborate with product managers, web developers, and back-end programmers to make your (and their) dreams a reality—complete with fairy dust and rainbows.
The UX Designer is part of a dynamic, cross-functional team working in an agile environment. As a member of the team, you will:
- Design a clean, effective user experience including navigation, workflow, features, and content.
- Build low-to-medium-fidelity prototypes to show off your fresh design concept to others.
- Design and create all interface assets.
- Review and test the design across multiple platforms and contexts.
- Conduct usability tests with users and stakeholders to determine if the design was successful.
- Rigorously promote and maintain corporate identity and branding.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual design, human-computer interaction, multimedia, computer science, graphic design, or related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience designing clean, effective web interfaces.
- Experience designing applications for mobile web or touch interfaces.
- Very comfortable with rapid prototyping techniques, from paper prototyping to wireframing.
- Solid knowledge of ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails, or other web development framework.
- Ability to understand different user populations and design to their needs.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, handling priorities and tasks like a boss.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently.
- Experience designing for a cloud or hosted environment.
- Experience with modeling, data visualization, or business intelligence.
- Experience with asset management tools or methodologies.
- Familiarity with Agile development principles, specifically Scrum.
We’re in the educational space, so if you have experience designing for dashboards, web portals, reporting, or online instruction, then you’ll probably be our new best friend very soon. Send us your resume and 3+ samples from your digital portfolio to show off your stuff. Dazzle us.
Imagine Learning is an educational software company that uses the power of imagination and technology to empower children all over the world. Ranked the 86th fastest-growing software company on the prestigious Inc. 5000 list in 2011, we’ve enjoyed year-over-year sustained revenue growth since our beginning in 2004. We work and play together—making videos, riding go-carts, playing ping-pong and foosball, and snacking. Our waterless synchronized swimming competitions are historic. For more information (and cool videos) about our culture and mission, check out http://www.refactortheworld.com.