As the newest member of the Imagine Learning family, Think Through Math (TTM) regularly rewards students by allowing them to donate to a charity of their choice. During November 2016, TTM students chose to donate to the Share Our Strength - No Kid Hungry organization.
So how much did TTM students donate? The donations totaled $7,500--an amazing sum that also represents over 60,000 lessons completed and 1.8 million math problems solved. What a great way to combine math with giving!
About Share Our Strength - No Kid HungryEvery day, Share Our Strength works to eliminate child hunger across America. As a non-profit organization, their effectiveness is greatly aided by the generosity of friends, visitors, and organizations--including schools!
Thanks to the generosity of Think Through Math students throughout the country, more children will have breakfasts, after-school snacks, and even meals during the summer months. And all that nourishment is great brain food--all necessary to do well in math, in school, and in life.
Think Through Math WinnersDuring the month of November, not only did TTM students experience the satisfaction that comes from giving--they also competed for a TTM reward party. Here are the winners from each time zone:
- Math 7A (Mrs. Teplitzky) class at St. Monica Catholic School in California
- Pritchard class at Shelton View (Northshore School District) in Washington state
- Mr. Flynn's 2016 - 2017 class at Columbia School (Davis SD), Utah State Office of Education, UT
- 7th-hour class at Mount Logan Middle School (Logan City District), Utah State Office of Education, UT
- RYDER_G class at Stone Oak Elementary School (North East ISD) Texas Education Agency, TX
- 106_107 (L. Olivarez) class at Garden Park Elementary School (Brownsville ISD, Texas Education Agency, TX)
- SIS Grade 5 class at Swiftwater Intermediate School, Pocono Mountain School District, PA
- 5020 -147855 (9A) mathematics grade 4 5012060 class, Renaissance Charter School (Coral Springs Charter Schools USA) in Coral Springs, FL
Congratulations, winners! Your TTM Reward Party consists of one $50 e-gift card to Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Target, Wal-Mart, or Amazon.com. We'll contact your teacher soon to find out what gift-card option you chose!