Now that March has blown in, which schools have passed more math lessons than all the rest? Read on to see who made the Sweet 16 in our annual Imagine Math MX3 contest!
Before our contenders can advance, they must compete in a new math challenge each week during March. Who will have what it takes to advance in our MATH Madness competition--or win it all? As past winners can attest, it takes an entire school to win the MX3 contest, now in its tenth year.
But expect all the hard work to pay off. The winning school will receive an impressive trophy, school banner, gift card, student certificates, medals, and guest speakers--the works!
Sweet Sixteen ContendersThe following schools are contenders for our Elite 8 and Final 4 rounds.
From the Pacific West:
- Black Lake Elementary School (Tumwater School District 33) in Washington
- Immaculate Conception School (Archdiocese Los Angeles Education Office) in California
- Tassajara Elementary School (San Ramon Valley Unified) in California
- St. Monica Catholic School in California
- Columbia School (Davis School District) in Utah
- Lakeside School (Davis School District) in Utah
- Sawtooth Elementary School (Twin Falls District) in Idaho
- Kershaw Intermediate School (Sugar-Salem Joint District) in Idaho
- A.D. Harvey Elementary School (Kingsville ISD) in Texas
- KIPP Connect Primary School (KIPP Inc. Charter) in Texas
- McCoy Elementary School (Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD) in Texas
- School of Science and Technology Advancement (Houston), School of Science and Technology Discovery in Texas
- Hobbton Middle School (Sampson County School District) in North Carolina
- Henderson Hammock Charter School (Charter Schools, USA) in Florida
- Southshore Charter Academy (Charter Schools, USA) in Florida
- Farmdale Elementary School (Hempfield School District) in Pennsylvania
To read full contest rules, log in to Imagine Math.