Not a translation
Many Spanish-language software products are literal translations of the original English versions. Imagine Learning Español was developed specifically for young children learning to read Spanish.
A balanced, research-based approach
A balanced approach to literacy in Spanish is applied with correct modeling and sufficient practice.
- Direct instruction
- Contextualized practice
- More engagement
- Tailored to young learners
- Neutral instructional accent
- Peer modeling
Strategic instruction that looks at the good, studies the better, and uses the best
Letters and sounds are taught strategically. Vowels are taught first, followed by consonants, according to frequency. Syllabication is contextualized through authentic reading experiences, giving students a full picture of what reading is all about.
- Solid pedagogical foundation builds Spanish reading proficiency
- Vowel sounds are paired with consonants to make syllables and words
- Strategic instrution of letters and sounds
New skills, new confidence in the classroom
Imagine Learning Español teaches lasting language skills that help young learners more easily acclimate to the classroom. Academic vocabulary instruction is particularly important because it also helps students understand other classroom subjects. As students grow in confidence and skill, they are ready for added language functions and new thematic units.
- Academic vocabulary builds students' confidence in multiple subjects
- Greater understanding helps students acclimate to the classroom
- Program is specifically developed for young children learning to read in Spanish
Rich Cultural Experience
A front-row seat to a more meaningful educational experience.
Authentic music and art help students discover strong cultural traditions. While standard Spanish is used for instruction and modeling, multiple accents are strategically used to expose students to the nuanced differences of the Spanish-speaking world. Highlighting the cultural and linguistic richness of Spanish-speaking countries provides students with a more meaningful educational experience.
- That's why Imagine Learning Español features
- Cultural and linguistic richness
- Snapshots by country
- Authentic music and art
- Exposure to regional accents
- Important facts about the Spanish-speaking world