Prioritize Academic Integrity
Academic integrity matters, but it isn’t easy to guarantee.
An evolving challenge
Although academic dishonesty is not a new challenge, widely accessible information on the internet today means students often try to find the easy way out of challenging assignments, particularly when working virtually.
As your partner in education, we aim to support your goal to encourage honesty with researched tips and ongoing, time-saving product updates. Together, let’s make academic integrity a reality in your classrooms.
Establish a Successful Policy
Ideas for Teachers
- Establish a clear policy that includes consequences and communicate it in writing. Here’s an example to get you started.
- Address peer culture, which plays a significant role in why students cheat.
- Set expectations for class participation and keeping up with assignments.
- Consider spot-checking smaller projects and weighting class participation more heavily.
- Hold students accountable for knowing all material at the end of a unit or semester.
- Don’t leave your passwords where students can find them.
- Refrain from posting assessments or answer keys on easily found websites where students can find them.
Ideas for Districts
- Block websites on your school network that are known to post answers to assessment questions. If you come across any Imagine Learning content yourself, please notify customer support, and we will work to remove it.
- With Imagine Edgenuity, you can enable IP Registry, preventing students from accessing assessments outside the school network. Students can work from home but then take assessments at school to be proctored.
- Implement Imagine Edgenuity’s Teacher Review, which alerts a teacher when a student has reached a test or exam. The teacher can then check the student’s work before unlocking a high-stakes assessment.
Considerations for Student Success Flyer
Use this guide to determine the details and policies to consider as your students complete their online learning.
Strategies for Student Success Booklet
This booklet features strategies that educators at all levels can use to help foster online learning success.
Imagine Edgenuity Creates Effective Classroom Management Solutions
Imagine Edgenuity’s embedded Plagiarism Checker automatically scans student work and alerts educators when a match is found. In addition, Speed Radar automatically flags students completing tasks more quickly than expected for educator review.
With IP Registry you have the option to block students from accessing assessments from home—or accessing Imagine Edgenuity from outside the school network at all.
Imagine Edgenuity’s SecureLock Browser Experience prevents students from opening new tabs, browsers, and programs while they are working within the product.
Partner With Us
Learn how Imagine Learning can help you improve academic integrity.