Customers already familiar with our Español product can still enjoy all of the beautiful illustrations and interactive features they value most.
Children who are learning to read in Spanish will be delighted by a wider array of activities, books, and new concepts to explore.
- Cognados (Cognates) - This new vocabulary-based activity teaches students the similarities between Spanish words and their English equivalents (e.g., delfín = dolphin).
- Frases de lugar (Prepositional Phrases) - Students search for objects in a busy classroom; then, they place those objects in certain areas according to prepositional-phrase driven directions (e.g., delante de la camara = in front of the camera). By so doing, students build their vocabulary and learn new language functions.
- Rimas (Rhymes) - Rhyming activities are fun ways to help students build their phonemic awareness and phonics. This fun singing activity also immerses students in the culture of a specific Spanish-speaking country.
- Combinación de sílabas (Syllable Blending) - Students receive instruction on syllable blending by placing each syllable on a train car and "blending" those cars into a larger car that shows the whole word.
- Vocales práctica (Vowel Practice) - Additional fun and colorful practice sessions helps students learn vowel sounds of monosyllabic words as they scroll through pictures of common items (e.g., luz = light bulb).
- Vocabulario de lectura (Reading Vocabulary) - Students have additional chances to practice new words from the books they read in Imagine Learning Español. Peer models show key words for review, after which students can listen to the word, hear it read in a reading passage, and spell the word on a keyboard.
- Ficción y no ficción (Fiction and Non-Fiction) - In this introduction to literary categories, students learn how to tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction books.
- Mapa de cuentos (Story Map) - In order to fully understand what they read, students learn to create a story map so they can keep track of the most important parts of any story.
Want to learn more? Watch our What's New Español video--you're sure to be as delighted as your students. If you already use Imagine Learning Español, get ready for even more fun and engagement with our latest release.
Stop by our blog again soon for more educational tips and information.